Site Revision History
latest at top, publish points are shown in red and are the link points for "Announcing".
|18th March 2007||Took the ability to sign the guestbook offline due to constant and ferocious spamming. Viewing is still available. Apologies for inconvenience. Work/plans underway to rectify this.|
|6th March 2007||UPDATE!! fix of guestbook code and inform of what's happened/happening etc|
|15th August 2006||UPDATE!! v06.001 Anniversary update version uploaded|
|14th August 2006
| - Guestbook altered slightly. Altered layout of signing page and added some
I am aware of the connotations attached to the word "watching" these days, hence itís almost a magnet for operators of those types of sites and of course a way for them to surreptitiously advertise. I canít automatically stop them using the book as such, but will clear out entries as I see fit.
I can only apologise if anyone has been offended by some entries.
- Site given once over before publishing (bound to have missed something!)
|7th August 2006|| - Further amended/created a New horizontal background graphic rule line with built in "go back
previous and top
- incorporated above new rule into various pages.
- due to left/right menu option, changed no frames text display method (technical change - no change to actual view)
- Navigation help/information split out into own section "Moving" and update re embedded links/hr rule etc.
- Helping section brought up to date re all the changes so far.
- Legal section altered to cover personal information
- embedded links created in various pages
|22nd/23rd July 2006|| - Re-familiarising myself with the amendments made earlier.
- Fixed some omissions relating to those amendments
|February - July 2006|| Err - yes well this is a bit like that awkward pause moment.
What can I say? I became really busy in other aspects of my life and unfortunately
there was just not enough time to do the necessary work on the site.
I did say in my very first meeting message on the 15th august 2005 (see the "Meeting (archive)" page) that this was a hobby.
So apologies, for the delay but I do intend to keep updating as and when.
|17th January 2006|| - Added left/right menu option (simple version - reloads website from beginning)
- Setup CSS rules for embedded internal links, email links and external links highlights
- Mailing page amended, embedded subscribe/unsubscribe email links added
|15th January 2006|| - Episoding II season synopses added
- embedded links added to "Announcing" section linking to "Revising" details
|11th January 2006|| The following sections have had some amendments :-
- Writing - spelling/corrections/addition regarding book
- Planning - deletion (direct episode details selection enabled)
- Requesting - some layout/text amendments and new "go back" rule line
- Meeting - new message/embedded links added plus a link to new meeting message archive
- Conceiving - embedded links added
- Describing - spelling corrections/slight alterations to narrative text
|10th January 2006|| - Episoding II file structure/logic changed to :-
- alleviate potential loading speed problem (files split into smaller sections)
- allow direct episode details selection (i.e) from "Episoding I"
- New/further season 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 details added (S5 still to come)
- Episoding I altered to include direct detailed (Episoding II) episode selection
- Embedded links added within both "Episoding" sections
|20th December 2005||Domains names registration renewed for another year|
|9th December 2005||- New horizontal background graphic rule line with built in "go back to top arrow" on far right created|
|8th December 2005
these amendments still to be confirmed
| - Restructured files and code to remove further duplication of code
(from a development/maintenance point of view) - code remains same for
- frames layout altered slightly
- welcome message ("Meeting") archive created
- Archive section setup
- decided to implement embedded cross links (i.e. links within text/pages to other pertinent areas/information within the site
- Changed layout of menu footer and added more obvious email link icon and dynamic copyright year text
- Fixed Welcome status message error on loading
- Restructured status text code
|1st December 2005||UPDATE!! S1 official DVD release (27/2/2006) announcement uploaded|
|15th August 2005||LAUNCH!! v05.001 site uploaded (eventually)|
|14th August 2005||- final last check (still probably missed something)
- splash page merged with main site (it was a separate entity)
|13th August 2005||- splash page updated announcing launch !!
- many hours checking overall site
|10th August 2005||- Guest book services added
- Tracking/Webstats services added
|5th August 2005||PAD control finally installed and (apparently) working (whoohoo)|
|4th August 2005||Season 1 episode details added|
|3rd August 2005||Episode details information framework/control setup|
|1st August 2005||proposed launch date sails on past (apologies, but it's almost ready)|
|July 2005||- Request section setup (and some request listed!!)
- List of Episodes added (simple info, further/more detailed info to come)
- About Jim Hitchmough added
- Show conception history added
- Setup CSS to reduce code and make maintenance easier
- Restructured files and code to remove duplication of code
- General series/show synopsis added
- A brief test upload existed for about an hour on the evening of the17th
- Site control/basic information (legal/copyright, welcome, announcements, history, help, contributing, planning) setup
- Basic Site layout (v.05.001) and navigation bar/style created
|6th April 2005||- Splash page uploaded - announcing forthcoming website|
|March 2005||- Eventually got around to thinking about the layout and theme of the site and produced a couple of splash pages.|
|February 2005||- Domain names acquired|
|November 2004||- The idea of creating a "Watching" tribute/fan site appeared from somewhere ( I think it originated from a thread in the old Granada Plus forum)|
|  PREVIOUS PAGE|